Basil Pesto Hummus
Absolutely fantastic hummus recipe that brings the party to our booth at Medina's Farmers Market!
- First make Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh packed basil leaves (about 1/8 lb. leaves only)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
Combine the pine nuts, basil, cheese and garlic clove into a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Then add olive oil and lemon juice and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Next make hummus:
- 2 cans (15.5 oz.) chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons of the fresh basil pesto (from above)
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
Combine hummus ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. May need to add a tablespoon of water to make smoother.